The Academy of Country Music® kicked off the 4th ACM Party for a Cause® Festival at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds. Carrie Underwoodheadlined the special “ACM Women of Country Night” featuring an all-female lineup of performers on the Ram Trucks Main Stage including Cam, Kelsea Ballerini, Martina McBride, Kellie Pickler and Maddie & Tae as well as performances by Lauren Alaina, Kelleigh Bannen, Brandy Clark and Jana Kramer on the Cabela’s Stage.
Highlights from the first day and night included:
· Miranda Lambert made a surprise appearance to a roaring crowd during Carrie Underwood’s set to perform “Something Bad” alongside Carrie
· Lauren Alaina, Kelleigh Bannen, Jana Kramer and Kelli Picker all joined Carrie Underwood on stage for a big grand finale performing “Before He Cheats”
· Carrie Underwood performed two encore songs including “Smoke Break” and “Something in the Water”
· ACM CEO Bob Romeo presented Kelsea Ballerini with her ACM Award for New Female Artist of the Year in front of the crowd
· ACM CEO Bob Romeo presented Carrie Underwood on stage with the ACM Lifting Lives Gary Haber Award. She was chosen to receive this new award, named in honor of late ACM Lifting Lives Chairman Gary Haber, which was created by the ACM Lifting Lives Board of Directors to recognize a country music artist or industry professional who is committed to serving others, has a generosity of spirit and shows a dedication to helping those in need. Carrie Underwood, one of Haber’s longtime clients, was among the first artists to partner with ACM Lifting Lives, bringing much needed musical instruments to the public schools in her hometown, Checotah, OK.