Last night, Footwear News, the voice of record of the footwear industry for more than 70 years, hosted its 29th FN Achievement Awards in New York City on December 2. The annual event, often referred to as the “Shoe Oscars,” recognizes and celebrates the best and brightest stars in the footwear industry. The 2015 Achievement Awards highlighted news stars paving their way to the top, as well as the figures who have shaped the industry for years. The FN Achievement Awards were proudly sponsored by the Fashion Footwear Association of New York (FFANY), Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America (FDRA) and Zappos Couture.
Last night’s FN Achievement Award honorees included:
- Kanye West on behalf ofAdidas Yeezy Boost 350 by Kanye West (Shoe of the Year) award presented by Arthur Hoeld (General Manager, Adidas Originals), Jon Wexler (Senior Director of Global Entertainment + Influencer Marketing, Adidas Originals), Rachel Muscat (Global Collaborations Director, Adidas Originals) and Michael Atmore (Editorial Director, Footwear News)
- Alexa Chung (Style Influencer of the Year) award presented by Phillip Lim (Fashion Designer)
- Robert Greenberg (Manolo Blahnik Lifetime Achievement Award) award presented by Sugar Ray Leonard (Former Professional Boxer)
- Anne Muhlethaler on behalf of Christian Louboutin (Marketer of the Year) award presented by Micaela Erlanger (Fashion Stylist)
- Paulette Alvition behalf of Foot Locker (Company of the Year) award presented by Sage Steele (Host of NBA Countdown on ESPN/ABC),
- Kevin Plank on behalf of Under Armour (Brand of the Year) award presented by Deion Sanders (Pro Football Hall of Famer)
- Edgardo Osorio of Aquazzura (Designer of the Year)award presented by Sarah Rutson (VP of Global Buying, Net-a-Porter)
- Justin O’Sheaon behalf of Mytheresa.com (Retailer of the Year) award presented by Alexa Chung
- Hrabal Gurung (Icon Award for Social Impact) award presented by Bel Powley (Actress, Diary of a Teenage Girl)
- Aurora James of Brother Vellies (Vivian Infantino Emerging Talent Award) award presented by Mosha Lundstrom (Fashion Director, Footwear News)
Additional attendees included: Fergie (Recording Artist/Fashion Designer), Andre Assous (President, Andre Assous), Andy Polk (VP, Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America), Alexandre Birman (Footwear Designer), Blake Krueger (Chairman, CEO & President, Wolverine World Wide Inc.), Carrie Rubin (President & Director, Pentland Group Plc), Daniel Schwartz (CEO, Schwartz & Benjamin), David Grange (CEO Pentland Brands – North America, Pentland Brands), David Law (SVP/GMM – Center Core, Lord & Taylor), Debbie Ferree (Vice Chairman & CMO, DSW Inc.), Diane Sullivan (CEO President & Chairman of the Board, Caleres), Geoff Cottrill (CMO, Converse), Greg Tunney (President, CEO & Member of RGB Board of Directors, RG Barry Corporation), Jennifer Jones (OVP & DMM – Women’s Shoes, Bloomingdale’s), Jim Issler(President & CEO, H.H. Brown Shoe Co., Inc.), Joshua Schulman (President, Bergdorf Goodman and NMG International, Neiman Marcus Group), Ken Downing (Fashion Director and SVP, Neiman Marcus), Ken Hannah (SVP & CFO, Caleres), Matt Priest (President, Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America), Melissa Costa (Head of Luxury Brand Marketing & Public Relations, ZapposCouture.com), Michael Katz(Owner, Matisse Footwear), Neal Newman (President, Two Ten Footwear Foundation), Paul Andrew (Footwear Designer), Pierre Denis (CEO, Jimmy Choo), Rick Ausick (Division President, Famous Footwear, Caleres), Ron Fromm (President, Fashion Footwear Association of New York), Sonny Shar (Pentland USA), Steve Hill (VP of Merchandising, Zappos), Tracy Margolies (Chief Merchant, Saks Fifth Avenue), Tsering Namgyal (President, Chinese Laundry), Uri Minkoff (CEO, Rebecca Minkoff), and more.
Photos by Stephen Lovekin/Variety/REX Shutterstock