iHeartRadio and Yahoo streamed an exclusive 30 minute live event to celebrate Coldplay’s new album, A Head Full of Dreams. Coldplay performed the title hit, “A Head Full of Dreams,” along with many of their previous hit songs on the iHeartRadio Theater stage in Burbank. The performance included Coldplay anthems “Viva la Vida” and “A Sky Full of Stars,” as well as “Yellow.” The event included an intimate Q&A with host Elvis Duran discussing Coldplay’s new album. The iHeartRadio Album Release Party with Coldplay video streamed exclusively on Yahoo (http://www.yahoo.com/iheartcoldplay) and streamed across all iHeartMedia station websites as well as iHeartRadio.com, with a 30-minute on-air special broadcast on iHeartMedia radio stations.
Highlights from the evening include:
- Chris Martin said the band is just so excited to be able to go all the way and make the album that they’ve always dreamed of.
- The band spoke about when the Paris attacks occurred, and they didn’t feel that it was appropriate to play their concert after it happened but since everyone was already gathered there, they played “Imagine” by John Lennon, which brought everyone together in a very peaceful and surreal way.
- There are more guests on their new album than they’ve ever had before—including Beyonce, Tove Lo, and Mary Clayton.
- They talked adoringly about the album and made lots of silly jokes—they also said it was inspired by Back to the Future, “which is the best film ever made.”
- Chris Martin started playing Viva la Vida on the piano before he realized that he started the song incorrectly. He stopped and joked about it, saying he was just “in his own little world of music.” The crowd loved it and laughed along with the band as they restarted the song.
- After finishing their set, they decided to play a few extra songs, and joked with the crowd—“Anyone need to go move their car? Use the restroom? If you stay now you’re with us for the next seven hours!”
- “A Head Full of Dreams”
- “A Sky Full of Stars”
- “Everglow (Album Version)”
- “Viva la Vida”
- “Adventure of a Lifetime”
- “Amazing Day”