Last night, Women In Film, Los Angeles (WIF) celebrated extraordinary talent and achievement with the 2015 Crystal + Lucy Awards, themed Action. The evening, hosted by Maria Bello and sponsored by Presenting Sponsors MaxMara, BMW of North America and Tiffany & Co. raised funds and awareness for WIF and its many educational and philanthropic programs.
Photos by Mark Davis/Getty Images for Women in Film
- During Nicole Kidman’sacceptance speech, she shared the story of turning down a part from Jane Campion earlier in her career that involved wearing a shower cap and kissing a girl. In turn, she decided to surprise the audience by finally playing the part and kissing her good friend and presenter Naomi Watts on-stage in shower caps.
- Before presenting Sue Kroll with the Tiffany & Co. / Bruce Paltrow Mentorship Award, Sandra Bullock joked on-stage, “there’s so much power in this room, I believe we will all be on the same menstrual cycle once we leave the room.
- Kristen Stewart and Stephenie Meyer took part in a special presentation during the program recognizing eight aspiring filmmakers who were part of the “The Storytellers – New Creative Voices of The Twilight Saga” project and awarded them with plaques on behalf of Women In Film. The project presented by Lionsgate, Facebook, WIF, Tongal, and Twilightauthor Stephenie Meyer is a social media campaign to develop and produce a series of short films, by aspiring female filmmakers, based on the broad spectrum of characters from theTwilight universe. The winning short films will debut on Facebook mid-July.
- During the dinner, honorees, presenters and guests were entertained with music by DJ Michelle Pesce.
- It was announced during the event that Turner Classic Movies (TCM)and Women In Film (WIF) Los Angeles have joined forces for a multi-year partnership dedicated to raising awareness about the lack of gender equality in the industry and celebrating the achievements of women in film.